Everything has a specific way to be operated, and unless we know that exact way, we might consider it a bit tricky or difficult to use.If we talk about how to cut crown molding by using a miter saw, it might not be a tough thing, but it, of course, requires a little bit of knowledge.
How To Cut Crown Molding With Miter Saw.
While using a miter saw what you really should be keen about is the angle you are working.
Angle adjustment is almost the key to set down the crown molding on the base of the miter saw you are operating. However, you can achieve this with some patience and practice.
There are two possible methods that you can use to cut down a crown molding. One of the ways involves positioning the crown at the right angle against the fence of a miter saw. The other method consists in placing it on the table or miter saw and adjusting the blade to cut through the required crown molding.
Both of these methods work pretty well.
However, the first method is less complicated as compared to the second one. Therefore if you are new to comprehend the correct usage and technicalities of the miter saw, then we recommend you go for it.
In this article, we will discuss methods one of two, let us walk you through with a step by step guide:
Adjusting The Angle Of The Miter Saw.
First of all, you should change the right height of your miter saw by giving it support with the stand so that you can work quickly with reasonable height.
Without a proper stand, you cannot work correctly with molding a crown, so make sure you have a suitable stand, or else you need to have one.
- Adjust the crown molding on your miter saw.
- after positioning the crown molding on the table or miter saw
- A lower part of the crown mold should touch the fence of miter saw; this is because it makes the work a lot easier.
- You must remember the right adjustment before positioning the crown molding. For this purpose, you can use any mnemonic; it is better if you stick a piece of paper or tape with a marking that shows the right positioning. It is essential to do that else you might have the bad crown mold cutting.
- Another important thing you should be considering is to measure the caliber; to do this accordingly, you have to raise the height of miter saw by adjusting the angle.
By doing this, miter saw changes in the level of angles, and also it allows you to have any angle alteration. After that, you can cut it at that specific adjusted angle.
Started With Cutting
- After going through and making sure about the right adjustment of angle and the placement of miter saw, another significant step comes in, which is to cut your crown molding.
- Order to make the crown molding to perfectly fit in the ceiling and the wall, you have to make sure to have two sets of cut, which is outside cut and inside cut. What is important here to know is that you have to adjust the level of meter saw at 45 degrees. For this, you can use a miter scale by placing the crown molding appropriately in terms of equilibrium. After having that crown mold adjusted and setting the range at 45 degrees, turn the power switch on of the miter saw, and lower the blade of the miter saw towards the wood. To strike an inside cut on the crown, you have to make sure that cutting action of the blade is positioned lengthwise and inwardly.
- And to make it happen outside (outside cut), you need to reverse the process (vice versa).
- One of the crucial things you should keep in mind while cutting your crown molding is to avoid applying any external pressure on the blade of a miter saw. It is because if you go hard on it, you might not be able to have a clean mold cut, as the more chances are you will have the edge of the crown come out unevenly cut.
- These were the main steps of method one. If you follow these steps accordingly and appropriately, then you can get your crown mold cut with the miter saw in no time. However, you can achieve with a little bit of practice; unless you get your hands on it, you will not have a professional idea.
- This method involves best cutting too, but if you are new to crown mold cutting, then it is far better for you to go for The method one.