DeWalt is most famous brand in the market. It provides best tools. They have managed a quite good status in the market due to quality based products and competence.
This brand has produced many products such as miter saws, compound sliding miter saw, routers and much more. Dewalt produce variety of miter saws.
But if there is any material that is 8 inches wider the Dewalt sliding compound Miter saw is used.
A sliding miter saw permits the blade to cut the fine and accurate wide pieces of wood. It is better for thick material.
It is specialized for trimming. Due to its versatility it can make bevel cuts. Bevel cuts are generally for finishing purpose.
Sliding miter saw is used for a making variety of products, comprising cabinet makers, framers, and many other specialized services who want a artifact that carries the precision, dimensions, durability, movability.
How Much Does A DeWalt Compound Miter Saw Weight?
The planned aluminum base ensures precise cuts. A DeWalt compound miter saw weighs 54 pounds.
This is designed for informal and comfortable handling and for easy mobility.
Precise Cutting Without Re Calibration
it is the best feature of the DeWalt compound sliding miter saw. When the blade comes in the contact with the woody material it makes accurate and precise cuts. It does not require any re calibration.
precision-machined castings, boundaries etc. are made for continuous trimming and cutting.
DeWalt sliding compound miter saw has vertical cutting capacity. It has commanding 15-amp motor. So, this motor controls the high capacity cutting.
The double bevel system is easy to use. It provides fine and wide cutting without any problem. It has ability to bevel in both direction either left or right.
How To Remove Blade Of DeWalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw?
When the blade is not cutting the wood or material and becomes dull. You can replace it very easily. It required couple of minutes
Unplug the miter saw: First of all, unplug the miter saw to avoid any hurdle.
Taking Off The Shroud
It is compulsory to remove or unscrew everything that is used for holding the shroud.
To avoid any hurdle, it is a necessary step. Remove the Pin and place the blade at higher position to avoid any harm.
Remounting The Blade
After taking off the shroud, note the screws that are holding the blade in its place. It is vital step to unscrew them.
First remove the supporting screws. Unscrew them by rotating anti-clock wise and loose them. A small button inhibits or stops the rotating of axis.
It is a prominent feature. Find the index while unscrewing the main bolt and press it down. Do not try force and pressure to solve the issue.
It will not work out. If there is not ease of unscrewing the main bolt, use some lubricant or WD40. Remove the arbor bolt.
Installing A New Blade
It is not much difficult process. You just need proper guide book for installing the new blade. Pick the new disk and place it in axis.
It should be parallel to index. The angle should be 90-degree between the index and blade. Tighten the screws to secure the blade.
Try to avoid much tightening because it can spoil the balance while cutting and trimming the boards. Rotate the saw blade until the blade locked should be locked in its place.
Make A Test Cut
After changing the blade, plug in the saw and make a test cut.
Things You Should Know Before Changing Blade
When you decide to correct any power tool, unplug it first. It is a huge safety risk. There are some people who forget to unplug the saw they face horrible results of it.
It is a powerful machine. Make sure to unplug otherwise it can harm you. You should wear light protecting gloves while changing the blade because some discs are very harsh.
Safety is better than cure. To prevent any kind of injury gloves are mandatory. Before plug in make sure every screw, pin, knob are tightened.
Double check the main bolt. Some people do forget to tighten the main bolt.
Issues And Solutions
- If you find any hurdle or problem to unscrew the screws and bolt then WD40 is the best solution for it. If you do not have the WD40 then use any lubricating agent or grease. Greasing products are especially made for lubricating the tools.
- Second issue is wobbling. For this purpose leave a short space in between the blade and the nut.
- If you feel the edge is loose then try to fix it out. For this, unplug the machine from the socket and try to fix everything by repeating the whole procedure. Do not risk your life due to ignorance.
This whole process just requires proper attention and experience. First understand the full procedure of changing the blade.
You can take guidance from any guide book. Anyone can do it after reading guide book. Do not buy cheap blades. Spend your money on quality products.
Blade is the vital part of the DeWalt sliding compound miter saw so, ensure the quality before changing it.
Steps To Follow How To Use A DeWalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw?
The Dewalt sliding compound miter saw is bulky and has sharp blades so be careful before using it.
- It is not difficult to use the DWS780. It requires a little assembling. When it is assembled it is ready to cut the boards smoothly and speedily. Plug in the saw pull out the pin and it is ready to use. Unlock the pin
- It is easy to useand beginners will have no problem. Mark material and measure the cut. Measure twice cut once.
- Use a miter saw clamp. It protects you from the powerful blade
- Adjust the miter and bevel according to need to make any product
- By moving front and back, cut will be made. Once you cut the wood release the trigger then let the blade to stop. Make sure it has stopped before lifting up.
- Forthe meter cut adjust the lock handle at a wanted angle. Once the angle is set accordingly then cut the wood by moving the saw from front to back.
- For an angle cut, tilt the blade at desired angle.
How To Unlock The DeWalt Sliding Compound Miter Saw?
Many people face a problem to unlock the DeWalt sliding compound miter saw because of its complexity. Put some pressure on the head for unlocking it.
Small push pin is present above the hinge at the left side arm. Push it by using some amount of pressure and release it.